We’re looking for part-time and full time help in our bakery for the upcoming season. Our bakery staff works daily during our season (July – Early November) to prepare pastry and fruit for production. Must be 16 years or older to apply.
Duties include the following:
• Early morning production of pies, donuts, turnovers, apple crisp, caramel, caramel apples, dried apples, mixes, and a variety of finished bakery products.
• Peel, cut, and prepare fruit for fillings.
• Roll, cut, and shape dough to form crusts
• Properly package, wrap, and price products for retail sale.
• Ensure a fresh and appealing product.
• Keep displays and freezers clean and well stocked.
• Follow and comply with established health code procedures, including health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
• Operate and sanitize all bakery equipment in a safe and proper manner according to procedures required by local health department.
• Clean the work area – Wash all counter surfaces, sweep and mop the bakery floors.
• Other duties as assigned by bakery manager or owner.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Good communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
• Ability to multi-task and must have good organizational skills.
• Ability to measure ingredients and follow instructions and procedures.
• Ability to visually examine products for quality.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong work ethic and integrity.
• Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
• Must be able to work around and with various food machinery/equipment.
• Provide own transportation to and from work
• Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the bakery.
Other essential job functions:
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Reach above and below shoulders and squat.
• Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.