Runners, Stockers, and Samplers
Wilson’s Orchard is seeking applications for seasonal Farm Market Staff. Wilson’s Orchard is a pick-your-own apple orchard celebrating 30+ years in business. Seasonal employment is available August, September and October.
Farm Market Staff members are the face of our organization. As such, being present, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and efficient are the key qualities of every successful staff member.
The number one responsibility of a Farm Market staff member is to ensure an enjoyable experience for all of our visitors. Staff will assist cashiers and managers to serve customers, maintain product displays, sample products, answer inquiries, and provide helpful and accurate information to customer’s questions.
- Pour apple cider slushies, bag apple cider donuts, and serve fresh baked turnovers
- Bag customer purchases and assist with carry-out when necessary
- Maintain product displays including apple cooler, t-shirts, preserves, caramel apples, bakery items, frozen goods, and more
- Sample apple varieties
- Aid with directions including parking, throughout the orchard, and within the retail barn
- Greet customers and provide helpful information when requested
- Complete the list of tasks associated with the shift worked including opening and closing duties
- Ensure the market has all needed supplies by communicating supply needs to the Retail Manager in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Knowledgeable about the layout of the store, products offered, and where to find them
- Ensure that the market is clean and orderly by cleaning up messes, breaking down boxes, sweeping, and maintaining garbage and recycling receptacles.
- Must be 16 years or older
- A positive attitude and an enthusiastic desire to provide storewide customer service
- Flexibility in scheduling, including weekends and holidays
- A team player with a willingness to jump in and help with all tasks
- Ability to roll with the punches in a fast-paced environment
This position is paid $11/hour. All employees receive a 30% discount on store product.
- While performing the duties of this job, staff members are regularly required to stand for up to 8 hours and lift or move up to 50 lbs.