Our orchard is open to the public, and we kindly ask that you please respect our farm and our trees.
- We require that you pay for all of the apples that you pick. In order to assure that our customers receive the best tasting fruit possible, please note that we cannot sell apples picked by one customer to another.
- Do not climb on our trees. Did you know it takes up to three years to regrow a broken apple spur? Please avoid breaking limbs or pulling unnecessary foliage or leaves from the tree when picking.
- Keep the orchard clean and litter free. Please dispose of all trash in the designated receptacles located in the Picnic Area and near the Retail Barn.
- Absolutely no pets are allowed in the orchard.
- Just a friendly reminder, Wilson’s Orchard is a working farm and we ask that you and your family be mindful of farm machinery and all posted directions.
All photo shoots MUST obtain prior written permission from Wilson’s Orchard. Please review the following rules and email Paul Rasch firstname.lastname@example.org before you arrive. Failure to abide by all of the Orchard rules and posted directions will result in you being asked to leave and denial of future photoshoot requests.
- Vehicles are not allowed in the orchard
- Pets are not allowed in the orchard
- Small props are allowed, but please only bring those that can be carried in and out
- All photoshoots MUST be completed during regular business hours (10 am to 6 pm).
- Please pay for what you pick
- Wilson’s Orchard is a working farm. For your safety and the safety of others, please be mindful of farm machinery and equipment.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the orchard open for business?
The orchard is open 7 days a week starting in August 1 through October 31 from 10 am to 6 pm. The Retail Barn closes at 6 pm, we ask that all visitors vacate the orchard and arrive back to the sales barn by 5:45. Sign up for our newsletter to learn more about pre-season hours in July and holiday hours in November and December.
Rapid Creek Cidery at Wilson’s Orchard is open year round (closed the month of January)! They are open Wednesday through Saturday for dinner from 5 pm to 9 pm and Sundays for brunch from 10 am to 2 pm.
Can I bring my pet to the orchard?
We love all of our four-legged friends, but for safety and health reasons they are not allowed at Wilson’s Orchard. Trained service and support animals are welcome.
How do I book a field trip to the orchard for my organization?
Field Trips may be scheduled for Monday – Thursday. The best way is to email our Retail Manager to schedule your organization’s trip to the orchard well in advance of your desired date. Field Trips and tours may also be scheduled by calling us during the season at 319-354-5651.
Can I have a birthday party at the orchard?
Birthday parties are welcome at the orchard, but please be mindful of other visitors during your party. Weekday parties are recommended as the weekends around here can get very crowded. Advanced notice is required for all birthday parties and larger gatherings. Please email us well in advance of your event. We will not be able to provide tables for parties on the weekends, but they are generally available during the weekdays.
Do you guys allow wedding ceremonies in the orchard?
Our newly opened cidery has space for weddings and other events. Please visit Rapid Creek Cidery to learn more about the ceremony site and reception space at Wilson’s Orchard.
I’d like to buy some hard cider, where can I find it?
Wilson’s Hard Cider is distributed throughout the state of Iowa and you can find it at many bars, restaurants, and retail establishments. We do not sell Wilson’s Hard Cider at the Orchard. If you would like to learn more about where to buy our ciders, please visit the Wilson’s Hard Cider website under “Where to Buy” to see a map of our retail partners throughout the state. You can also enjoy a pint or two at Rapid Creek Cidery, during business hours Wednesday – Saturday from 5 pm to 9 pm and Sundays for brunch from 10 am to 2 pm.
How do I know what’s ready for picking?
Sign up for our newsletter to hear about all the happenings at Wilson’s Orchard throughout the season. Every week we share what’s ready for picking in the orchard and a brief description of each available variety. Plus — get information on the weekend’s activities and theme every week. Or, follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay in the know!
What forms of payment do you take at Wilson’s Orchard?
We accept cash, checks, Master Card and Visa! We also offer Gift Certificates, as well.