Wilson’s Orchard is seeking a full-time assistant retail manager for the farm market at Wilson’s Orchard. This position is seasonal with the expectation that the right candidate would return each apple season (August 1 to October 31).
The Assistant Retail Manager will support the Retail Manager in operation of the retail space and support of retail market staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist Retail Manager in daily tasks including opening and closing duties
- Provide leadership and support to cashiers and farm market staff in order to ensure all aspects of customer service is provided
- Demonstrate understanding of apple varieties and uses, information on bakery goods, and knowledge of other retail items
- Seek ways to satisfy customer requests and provide solutions to encourage continued patronage at the orchard
- Assist with merchandising, stocking, pricing, cleaning, and folding apparel
- Demonstrate proficient cash handling
- Conduct instructional programs for field trips and groups visiting the orchard
- Keep the retail space clean and orderly
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Friendly and outgoing
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to operate a cash register and perform simple math
- Ability to work independently and practice common sense problem resolution to improve customer experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
This position is paid $13/hour. All employees receive a 30% discount on store product.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Assistant Manager is regularly required to stand for up to 8 hours and lift or move up to 50 lbs