We're implementing extra measures to ensure your visit to the orchard and the cidery is safe and enjoyable.
As a company, we are closely monitoring the recommendations of State of Iowa and Johnson County public health officials regarding COVID-19 precautions. We promise to go the extra mile to ensure your farm and farm market experience is both safe and enjoyable.
We are excited to welcome you back out to Wilson’s Orchard, the Farm Market, and Rapid Creek Cidery. We appreciate your support and welcome any questions, concerns, or suggestions our customers may have.
- The Wilson's Team
Changes in the Farm Market:
- Wilson’s Farm Market has been redesigned to control guest flow and easily facilitate social distancing measures.
- We have added more points of sale to decrease congestion.
- We have invested in a new ventilation and climate control system to improve air flow.
How we're serving our customers:
- Our staff will be required to wear face masks at all times. Additionally, those who prepare or serve food are required to wear gloves.
- Increased frequency of hand washing for all staff.
- Surface-sanitation will occur hourly, and even more frequently for high traffic areas and during peak hours.
- Staff will be asked to stay home if feeling unwell, and we ask that guests do the same.
- Staff training and education of sanitation guidelines has been increased
How you can help:
- We require that our guests wear a face mask inside our facility. Free disposable masks will be provided upon entering the market.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available at all entrances, exits, and check-outs.
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged. Please maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and other guests.
- We strongly encourage you to pick with their eyes first, and hands second. We kindly discourage pickers from eating while in the field.
Dining room and patio are open for full service
We are requiring that all dine-in guests reserve their table ahead of time for the dining room and patio. Our goal is to provide the same great experience, exceptional food and drinks while keeping the safety of our staff and our guests top of mind. That means service will be a little different: more cleaning and sanitary precautions have been put in place, more distance between guests, and significantly less opportunities for person-to-person contact.
1. Visit Link and complete a brief request form.
2. Email email@example.com.
In your message, please include desired date, time, group size, and any specific dietary restrictions.
3. Give us a call. We have someone answering the phone 45 minutes prior to opening.
We try to respond to reservation requests as soon as possible. If you do not hear back from us, please do not assume we can seat you.
Service and Accommodations
- Hand stations placed near the entrance
- Limiting our space to 50% capacity
- Tables at least 10 feet apart.
- All staff are required to wear a mask and gloves
- Frequent sanitation of common spaces including restroom, dining room, patio & entryway
- Virtual food and drink menus
- Tables & chairs sanitized after each reservation.
- One reservation per 10 minutes to avoid multiple groups gathering near the entryway
- All guests will be required to affirm that no one in their group is experiencing symptoms to prior to confirmation of reservation
Good to Go and Outdoor Dining
For those who aren't quite ready to join us for dine-in service, we have implemented a contactless take-out service that includes online ordering and drive-in, dine out picnic spaces.
Our outdoor dining experience includes much of the space around the Cidery with picnic tables placed in the oak grove, the area along the creek, the scenic spots near the strawberry patch, and the picnic area near the farm market. We will provide everything you need for a safe and relaxing meal outside the Cidery (or bring your own reusable picnic-ware if you’d like): picnic tables, single use tablecloths, compostable plates and silverware, napkins, glasses, take-out food, and a selection of beverages.
For dessert, consider ordering a baked treat, such as a fresh-baked turnover, from the Wilson's Farm Market.