Summary of Position:
Manage the efficient and timely greeting and seating of our guests to their tables. Man the phone and efficiently and correctly take reservations and adjust throughout the shift when necessary. Weekend availability required; brunch and dinner shifts available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean restaurant bathrooms and entry.
- Wipe down all windows and doors. Dust window sills.
- Greet and seat all guests upon arrival
- When the restaurant is full, run an efficient and accurate wait list. Do not over or under quote excessively.
- Keep the phone on your person and answer promptly.
- Bus and reset tables as needed.
- Follow restaurant policy when seating to ensure smooth flow of service for both FOH and BOH.
- Monitor the dining room to assess wait time.
- Communicate pertinent information to servers, bartenders, and kitchen.
- Understand all restaurants policies regarding reservations.
- Keep the host stand neat and clean.
- Clean and neatly stack menus at the end of each shift.
- Maintain knowledge of any special events/menus/holidays and any accompanying changes to reservation rules.